Monday, October 10, 2011

regroup and the week ahead: october 9

Happy Columbus Day long weekend to everyone who works for the government!  I work tomorrow, and had to laugh after seeing this week's The Office (on DVR of course, I'm never home to watch live TV)--Robert California gave Andy a hard time for wanting a three day weekend for the office for Columbus Day:
"You want a three and a half day weekend for Columbus Day?  And you are aware Columbus and his legions committed genocide against an entire civilization of Native Americans?" 

Anyway, it's been a great week.  Unfortunately, last night, the restaurant group at the Verizon Center accidentally lost my boyfriend's credit card, so that put a small damper on our great night with his brother and friends, but we ended up having a fun time anyway--plus the Caps won their season opener!  Before I went to the game, I had volunteered at the Virginia Arboretum's Blandy Farm at their annual Arbor Fest with a few members of the Tenfold Forty and we helped make scarecrows for kids.  It was so tiring, but we had a good time!  Today I went to my friend's pumpkin carving party which was a blast--she had provided paints, carving tools, some snacks and drink, and it was just really nice relaxing and carving a pumpkin.  This is what I ended up doing for my pumpkin!

This week, I'm traveling to Manhattan for work to host a delgation of Chinese officals with my boss, am attending both of my classes, and then have a fun and relaxing weekend planned: dinner with a friend from college on Saturday night, and an Oktoberfest girls brunch at another friend's house on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment