Monday, October 17, 2011

brunch parties are adorable

My friend, Colleen, had me and a few of her close girlfriends over for an absolutely adorable girls brunch party today. She made french toast souffle, another girl made baked brie, another made egg casserole, I brought snickers salad, and then Colleen gave everyone her amazing concoction of pumpkin granola for a party favor!

It was so great to catch up with the girls and spend the afternoon together! 

Afterwards, in a dress, I ended up stopping by my boyfriend's grandfather's (Patah) house--bf is moving in to the house with his now-roommate because his grandfather has permanently moved up to CT to live with bf's mom and dad and sisters--he'll be 90 soon and can't live on his own anymore, so bf is living there rent free in exchange for taking care of the house! Amazingly generous deal.  I figured I'd help vacuum in preparation for the move, but ended up scrubbing kitchen cabinets and making a trip to Home Depot instead!  So much fun--next time I'm bringing a change of clothes though!  He and his roommate took me to Via Veneto as a thank you, though, so it was totally worth it! 

Side note: Via Veneto is run by two sisters who immigrated to the US from Italy...their daughters, now in their 40s and 50s are the waitresses, and it's a tiny, well-run, homemade Italian food place.  Patah has been going there for 25 years so they know him really well--he still remembers eating dinner there when the one daughter announced she was pregnant--now her son is our age!

No comments:

Post a Comment