Monday, October 24, 2011

pies, ghouls, and wineries: the week ahead october 23

What a great weekend!  BF and I spent Saturday and Sunday in New Jersey at Fright Fest, and then Emery's farm and Laurita Winery.  It's so great to get out of the city, even for a short time, to relax and spend time doing something other than work and school!  We also saw Paranormal Activity 3 last night with his roommate, and I want to scream to the world DO NOT see it.  It is completely false advertising from what the previews suggest, wasn't scary at all, and is missing key scenes that would have explained the story.  BF is planning to get his money back from the theatre...terrible.

Now, back to the daily grind!

This week, I have my take home midterm due on Tuesday at midnight.  I'm planning to finish it tonight since I'm taking the day off to study and work on it at home.  Wednesday I'll come to campus early to attend a townhall for my focus: Nonprofit Management.  I'm thrilled the program is offering an evening session since that's exactly what I'm advocating for on student government.

Tuesday, I am attending a special dinner with my colleague with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute--my company has donated to allow them to move into a new building which they very much need.  Their current space is dilapidated and too small for the great programs they run.

This weekend is moving weekend for BF and we'll probably head to our friend's house for a relaxing Halloween get together after the move is all over.  I'm a little sad he's going to be moving from one block away from me to a full hour drive away--and we've been dating for more than 5 years!  But, it's a new change and we'll enjoy visiting each other on the weekends!

By now you might be thinking--how does she do it?

So far this month, I've definitely eaten out more than cooked, and have barely watched any TV.  I've also let laundry pile up, but did find time to clean during the first weekend of October.  I try to focus on my successes and the parts of my days that are fun, but the truth is, I can't always "do it all."  If you're reading this, you'll start to see that I just have to choose some things over others to fit as much in as I can.  It works for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment